1. I’m having problems making a Video call, where can I get help?
This troubleshooting page on the Attend Anywhere website provides further help.
2. Is this service confidential and secure to use?
Yes. Attend Anywhere provides secure video consulting which has been approved as confidential and safe by the Welsh Government and NHS Wales. Video calls are not recorded and no patient information is stored by the system. You do not need to download an App or create an account to use this service.
3. How much does it cost to make video call?
On a WiFi or wired internet connection, the Attend Anywhere video calls do not cost anything.
If using mobile data: waiting for your call to be connected has no cost, once you are connected a typical 20 minute the Attend Anywhere video call call will cost 230MB of data on a mobile device. Data use is less on lower speed connections.
4. What should I do if I forget to attend a video consultation appointment or I can’t get through?
You should contact your health or social care provider who will advise you on how to re-arrange your appointment or attend in a different way.
5. Where can I get technical information about using the Video Consultation Service?
Technical specifications for making video calls – including the equipment and bandwidth requirements – are available at the following website. The website refers to “Attend Anywhere” which is the video consulting platform used by the service.