Welsh Government has commissioned The Redmoor-ELC Partnership to help clinical teams in all parts of NHS Wales to plan and run Video Group Clinics (VGCs).
What are VGCs?
VGCs last around 60-90 minutes – the clinician is only present for half the time
- A facilitator manages the process and works closely with patients to agree questions
- Often used for planned reviews e.g. chronic pain, Type 2 Diabetes and respiratory conditions with a Results Board which sets out key biometrics and other lifestyle issues
- VGCs have been shown to deliver a positive patient experience and benefits for health service providers
- You can learn more about VGCs by watching this short animation
What are the key benefits of VGCs?
- Flexible working for clinicians and support staff
- Clinician efficiency gains
- Positive impact on patient outcomes
- Community connection
- Supporting self-care
- Supporting integrated working across services
- Building teams both within services and more widely across services
- Support personal development and skills acceleration
Are you interested in learning how to plan for and run VGCs? Register to be part of the programme now!
Please click on Training Workshops below to book onto a training session if your team has registered for the programme.
You will need your voucher code to hand when booking as this code will allow you to bypass the payment system and book onto a session.
If you haven't received your code, please contact your video group clinic team lead.
If your team hasn't already registered for the programme, please complete the following form so that we can issue your voucher codes:
Once you've registered on the link above. please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your voucher codes.