This section consists of a range of supporting information to improve the knowledge of staff working in care homes, domiciliary care and carers to support people in their own homes.
Some of the information focuses on clinical care and may not be relevant to your care setting.
Approach to the Unwell Person
- ABCDE Approach (Resuscitation Council UK)
- RRAILS Learning Modules (1000 Lives/Improvement Cymru)
- SBAR Communication Tool (NHS Improvement)
- Managing Delirium in Confirmed and Suspected Cases (Royal Geriatric Society/RSPsych)
- Is my resident well? (North West London Collaborative)
- COVID-19 Online Training Packages (WHO)
- Community Nursing Training Modules in COVID-19 (Queen’s Nursing Institute)
- Care Home Nursing Training Modules in COVID-19 (Queen’s Nursing Institute)
- Contacting Relatives by Phone to Communicate Death of a Patient (Oxford University Hospitals)
- Telling a Child Someone has died (Oxford University Hospitals)
- Coronavirus – A Book for Children (London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Axel Scheffler and London School Teachers)
- Risk Assessment Guide for Care Homes admitting residents with infections (Public Health England)
- Agored Cymru