Artificial Intelligence offers huge opportunities for healthcare. But what is AI and where can we best use it to deliver better patient outcomes? We've collected some explainer articles and information from our Sept 2018 event on AI.
- Artificial Intelligence Cheat Sheet - A community engagement project by Comuzi and Sekyeong Kwon. The goal of this project is to demystify and educate the wider community, outside the field of AI, to find out what it can do and what it shouldn't do.
- Summaries of the presentations given at the Digital Health Ecosystem Wales event in September 2018.
- Code of conduct for data-driven health and care technology - Department of Health and Social Care and NHS England have developed our 10 principles in a code of conduct to enable the development and adoption of safe, ethical and effective data-driven health and care technologies. These principles were published on 5 September 2018 along with a questionnaire for members of the public to offer feedback.
- Data-driven healthcare: regulation & regulators - Reform has been working in collaboration with NHSX to produce several easily digestible sources of information which can be used by innovators, medical practitioners, statutory bodies, regulators and any other interested party to understand the full regulatory pipeline for data-driven technologies in healthcare.
- Intelligent Health Artificial Intelligence Summit 2019 - The DHEW team were part of a Welsh delegation who visited Basel in Switzerland for the summit in September 2019. We’ve collated a variety of the presentations from the event for you to view.
- PWC - No longer science fiction, AI and robotics are transforming healthcare.
- The NHS Artificial Intelligence Lab: how to get it right - The report is intended to provide a cohesive overview of the current state of play of data-driven technologies within the health and care system. The NHS hope that it will make clear where in the system AI technologies can be utilised and the policy work that is, and will need to be done, to ensure this utilisation is done in a safe, effective and ethically acceptable manner.
- What is Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare? - AI in healthcare is the use of complex algorithms and software to emulate human cognition in the analysis of complicated medical data. Specifically, AI is the ability for computer algorithms to approximate conclusions without direct human input.